We recognise that our pupils may have increased access to the internet, as they spend more time at home and as they access our Online Teaching and Learning Programme.
We would therefore recommend the following guidelines:
- Where possible, please ensure that you have the appropriate settings in place on the devices that your children will be using.
- We will be treating the online environment as part of the school day. Children should be aware of their use of language and ensure that they behave appropriately whilst online.
- Please be vigilant about the sites that your children are visiting. You may need to check their work as well as having a good understanding of the tasks that they are undertaking.
- We ask that parents supervise online sessions in an appropriate manner and facilitate the children to work as independently as possible.
- At the beginning of each week form tutors will set out expectations about learning and online behaviour. Pupils will be reminded of this at regular intervals where necessary.
- If your child is unwell or unavailable at the time of their assigned session, please let us know by emailing the form tutor directly.
- Ensure that they have adequate breaks from devices. Children will be set a wide variety of tasks by staff to encourage the use of mediums other than electronic devices.
OUR SCHOOL SAFEGUARDING POLICY REMAINS IN PLACE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OF A SAFEGUARDING NATURE THEN PLEASE CONTACT:
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Boys School and Nursery Emma Edwards
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Boys School and Nursery Shawn Bolton