Aims and Values
We aim to:
- encourage the development of a love of learning within a structured, broad and balanced curriculum
- develop knowledge and understanding in all subjects to enable pupils to apply skills with confidence
- prepare pupils thoroughly for the entrance requirements of their senior schools, usually in the independent sector
- develop learning skills through encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking
- nurture individual pupil diversity emphasizing individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic, music, sport, art and drama
- develop self esteem in each pupil and a positive belief in their individual abilities
- encourage pupils to become increasingly responsible for their own learning
- develop interpersonal skills including effective communication and teamwork
- develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures
- promote the adherence to the Cumnor Way :
o Do your best to be your best self
o Be helpful
o Be kind
o Be truthful
o Treat others as you would like to be treated
Our aims and values underpin our policies, guidelines, practice and general ethos.
- We value the way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value a working partnership with parents to care for the particular needs and strengths of each boy.
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We respect each child in our school for who they are, and we treat them with fairness and honesty.
- We value our environment, and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.