Aims and Values
- We value the way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual girl, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value a working partnership with parents to care for the particular needs and strengths of each girl.
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We respect each girl in our school for who they are, and we treat them with fairness and honesty.
- We value our environment, and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.
Our aims and values underpin our policies, guidelines, practice and general ethos.
We aim to:
- To develop knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects that enables our girls to apply themselves with confidence, in order to provide as much choice as possible when selecting schools for their further education at 11+.
- To encourage the development of a love of learning within a structured, broad and balanced curriculum; to develop self esteem in each girl promoting a positive belief in their individual abilities.
- To develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking.
- To nurture pupil diversity emphasizing individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic, music, sport, art and drama.
- To develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures.
- To promote the adherence to the Cumnor Way :
o Do your best to be your best self
o Be helpful
o Be kind
o Be truthful
o Treat others as you would like to be treated